Friday 30 July 2004

Other Notable Firsts

JOURNAL ENTRIES RECEIVING MOST KNOWN COMMENTS PER SINGLE ENTRYThe following entry has 197 commentsFound at:  Share the Love


The following entry has 256 comments
Found at:  The Basics
Found by:  Onestrangecat


The following entry has 266 comments
Found at:  15 Hours of Fame Winning Entry




The following entry has 279 comments
Found at:  Skychick's Air-Camping Adventures
The following entry has 344 comments
Found at:  Best Southpaw Ever?
Found by: Onestrangecat


FIRST KNOWN MEMBER TO GIVE RECOGNITION TO INDIVIDUAL JOURNALS


as early as August 2003 John G (Jjfgiuffre) who no longer has an AOL Journal, began giving recognition in the form of his “Journaling Excellence Awards” to several AOL Journals.  I’ve searched high and low out there in J-land and the journals listed below aren’t necessarily the first nor only journals to receive his awards.  Several journals have since been deleted or moved. 
The reason I’ve decided to highlight these awards here is not specifically to give recognition to the journals again, but instead to highlight how members reacted to the generous recognition
.


Sunday, September 21, 2003

Nwanyioma's Journal
Wow my journal received an award!
FLATTERED IS PUTTING IT MILDLY! This evening I was very pleasantly surprised to see some extremely complimentary remarks placed in my journal as a comment by one of its visitors. I immediately emailed John to thank him.
I also wanted to let him know that I've been very fortunate to meet some great people since I've been journaling. We've shared some tips, done some brainstorming and virtually challenged ourselves to make our journals do things we had no idea they could do!
John has really honored me with this award, which I proudly display here. He has also not only listed my journal on 'Other Journals' in his blog, but but he has given me very prominent mention there! What a marvelous way to end what has been a great day!!
Thank you VERY much for this award, John!

Wednesday, September 24, 2003
Just One Girls Head Noise

thank you John !
i wanted to take a moment and thank John from
Thoughts from a Collapsed Brain for awarding this journal his AOL Journal Award for excellence

i sincerely appreciate the positive recognition !!

Ayn's Multiple World

Thank You John G.!
Today we received a wonderful email from a new person!  He gave us his award for having put a lot of work and time into our journal among other nice things.  We are very honored with his consideration and accept the award with honor!  We think of the work and time as "no end to pleasure."
We will be returning the visit to his journal at: Thoughts From A Collapsed Brain.
Again thank you John G.

Ayn and all
(hehe - now we visited ... it's a wonderful journal full on all kinds of neat thoughts and people.  Please visit John G.'s place!)
This Is Michael NYC

I'd like to thank the academy..

I got a lovely email from someone who I have never met, that gave me an award.

Thanks John G!.


Monday, January 5, 2004
Amused
A Mighty Star

Last but not least
, I'd like to publicly thank John G. for the vote of confidence by giving me his Journal Award for Excellence.  A writer's best encouragement is knowing her reader(s) like(s) what she writes.  Thanks, John.
Monday, January 26, 2004


Daily gratitudes and attitudes
An Award, much to my surprise


Much to my surprise, I found this in my mailbox on Saturday! Thank you for the E-mail, John G! Thanks to the panel of the Journal Keepers for finding interest in my Journal, and for being so kind to give me your award. I display it proudly and thank each of you!

FIRST KNOWN AOL MEMBER BASED AWARDS FOR AOL JOURNALS:
JOURNEY TO PEACE


BEST JOURNAL PHOTOGRAPHY
PHOTO JOURNAL


BEST VARIETY OF SUBJECTS

JUST ONE GIRLS HEAD NOISE



MOST THOUGHT PROVOKING JOURNAL
LIFE AS IT OUGHT TO BE


BEST FEMALE PERSPECTIVE
DAY IN THE LIFE OF SHELLI P


BEST MALE PERSPECTIVE
ON WHINING WELL


BEST OVERALL JOURNAL
A LIFE IN SLOW MOTION


BEST USE OF GRAPHICS
NWANYIOMA'S JOURNAL


MOST HUMOROUS JOURNAL
THIS THING CALLED.....LIFE


MOST ORIGINAL JOURNAL
JOURNAL ENQUIRER

No comments:

Post a Comment